Russian barrage hits Odesa energy and port facilities, injuring 12
Several dozen missiles and drones targeted Ukraine’s Odesa region overnight. Power, water and communications were disrupted in parts of the city as officials renewed calls for stronger air defenses.
This item was produced with AI assistance under the editorial responsibility of Haydamax OU.
A major Russian missile-and-drone attack hit Ukraine’s Odesa region overnight on Aug. 8–9, damaging energy infrastructure, residential buildings and the city’s port, according to Ukrainian regional and national officials.
The Odesa regional administration said several dozen missiles and drones were used and that the regional capital suffered the heaviest damage. By mid-morning, officials said 12 people had been injured. Eleven were hospitalized in moderate condition and one was treated as an outpatient.
The attack also disrupted basic services. Electricity was cut in parts of Odesa and the surrounding district, while some neighborhoods reported problems with water supply and mobile communications. DTEK said damage to energy facilities was serious and warned that repairs would take time.
President Volodymyr Zelensky said the port damage was part of Russia’s pressure on global food security. He also renewed appeals for more air-defense support, saying Russia had used 61 missiles against Ukraine during the week, including 56 flying on ballistic trajectories, along with more than 1,560 strike drones.
Same event, other desks
Story file →
uk
В Одесі після нічної атаки відновлюють електропостачання, кількість постраждалих зросла до 12
09.08 18:46
en
Odesa outages expose Ukraine’s winter energy vulnerability
09.08 18:46
de
Russischer Großangriff trifft Energieversorgung in Odesa
09.08 18:46
de
Nach Angriff auf Odesa laufen Reparaturen am Stromnetz
09.08 18:46
es
Odesa recupera luz y agua tras un ataque ruso masivo
09.08 18:46
it
Odesa, attacco russo colpisce energia e porto: 12 feriti
09.08 18:46